AGA 6-4 Is it being discontinued????

Zippity-do-dahAugust 31, 2012

Oh, This is horrible. We just heard from a distributor that the AGA 6-4 is being discontinued and....worse yet...there are only 6 new AGA 6-4 left in the USA. Someone, please tell me this is not so.

YooHoo, Marthavila, are you out there? I need you. Do you have any name or number we can call to confirm or disaffirm this information?

Anybody else???

Thank you so much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marthavila

Wow, Zip. This is news to me! You might want to try calling Aga Marvel directly at 1-800-223-3900. As a matter of fact, I'm going to call them myself right after the holiday! Let's agree that if either us (or anyone else) finds out anything more substantive, we'll post it here.

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 10:47AM
llaatt22

Lots of brickbats for this model on British forums esp regarding it being a first attempt at an electronic control system. If discontinued, and combine that with a tiny installed American customer base suggests look elsewhere.

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 10:56AM
PRO
trevorlawson

The news is correct, the AGA 6/4 is discontinued. I tried to get hold of one two weeks ago and was told nobody including AGA has one avaialble.

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 11:43AM
marthavila

I should have known you would have known, Trevor! So, tell me, as an owner of a 6-4, what does this news mean to me? At 4 years in, I've not needed service on my unit since some early work was done. But, what happens should I need service in the future? What about parts? What happens to the thrill of my writing posts about how much I love my Aga 6-4? LOL

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 11:54AM
Zippity-do-dah

Such a disappointment, and not a very auspicious introductory post on the Gardenweb site either. Would've been cheerier for everyone if I began my posting with "have just joined the AGA club with a 6-4" etc.

We recently started the real work on our new home. Demo was completed 1 week ago and concrete for the foundation was poured yesterday. It'll be about another 11 months or more before appliances will be installed. Had my heart set on an Aubergine AGA 6-4.

Marthavila, I've read so many of your posts, you felt like a reliable dear friend. Here you are, the first one to respond. Thank you!

Trevor, thanks for confirming the sad news. Was hoping the salesperson was misinformed.

Laat2, thanks for your logical reasoning for AGA's decision.

Amazingly, GARDENweb is the best place to get honest-to-goodness reviews about appliances...for FREE. Expanded our options from stainless steel to appliances in color to brands not commonly seen on the floors of the average showroom.

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Need a second oven/micro combo for island installation/under counter
We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen and were...
ksdeclue
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Wolf gas/induction modules
We must make a commitment to appliances next week for...
judydenver
Sponsored Products
Aga Solid Wood Full Length Wall Mirror - 33W x 58H in. - XA-1042-24
$593.60 | Hayneedle
RION Furniture - Molly Side Table, A - GTAB662AG-A
Great Furniture Deal
Seahorses in Blues Throw Pillow - PIL-AGA-A
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Moes Home Collection Aga Sideboard - XA-1047-24
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™