Calling Scotland (and I don't mean the country)...

mustangs81April 25, 2011

I emailed you this morning but you know how hit or miss GardenWeb's email is. The Gathering of Greyhounds would like some Atlanta area input from you.

We are looking for luncheon place ideas to meet Elizabeth's (Adoptedbygreyhounds) daughter. One thought was to meet at the DeKalb Farmers Market Cafe since we are going there anyway. We just don't know if it is an ideal place to meet. We are open to your ideas since you are most knowledgable about the area.

Our other question is--would you be able to join us?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scotland

The cafe at the Dekalb Farmers Market is a buffet/cafeteria, and completely lacking in ambiance. It can also be loud. Photography isn't allowed there, either. I love eating there, but it's not a great place for a lingering meal with conversation. About ten minutes away is Decatur, with a concentration of good restaurants and shops. My favorite is easily the Iberian Pig, which is pricey and only open for supper. Cakes & Ale is also expensive and supper-only. Farm Burger serves local and organic food. Watershed is a collaboration between chef Scott Peacock and one of the Indigo Girls that gets lots of national press. There are many more options there, and it's a very walkable little downtown there. Several places (Iberian Pig, Watershed and Cakes & Ale) recommend reservations. For dessert and fancy cocktails, head to The Chocolate Bar.

I'm overbooked this weekend, but would love to join y'all. Between overlapping birthday parties and the girls' baseball games, I'm booked from noon on. Friday, I'm free after 7:00. I didn't get email from you, so I'll try to send one. I'd love to meet everyone!

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 12:04PM
mustangs81

Great information!! Just what we need to help make plans.

Crud, but I understand busy weekends with ball (Go Mustangs!). I think everyone is arriving Saturday AM or late Firday, I'll let you know.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 2:30PM
scotland

Great. Your member page doesn't have an e-mail option. My e-mail is jmacgregor@mindspring.com.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 5:38PM
rob333

I was going to send out a "last call" for anyone who would like to join us. Email anyone of us who is going if you want details (Beverly_AL, Jude, Cathy, or me).

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
How to make Crown Roast?
DH has invited 5 coworkers and their spouses to dinner...
dancingqueengw
What's For Dinner #337
Annie, you and Elery are doing a wonderful job on the...
ann_t
Slightly shocket at Joy of Baking video
I started watching the Apple Pie video and right at...
wintercat_gw
Really yummy vegan broth?
It's that time of year again. Planning for Passover....
plllog
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™