Thermador gas cooktop - any views please

CarolNYCAugust 8, 2012

Has anyone purchased a Thermador gas cooktop recently? If you have, do you like it please?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janicedallas

New appliances within the past year for my daughter and I included Thermador gas SS cooktop, Thermador double ovens with convection, Bertazzoni not self cleaning standing oven with gas ss cooktop, Kitchenaid gas ss cooktop, Kenmore electric SS not convection double ovens.
Bottom Line: Thermador dishwasher already had to have a repair
Thermador gas top is wonderful but the stars can get out of line and be a nuisance. I'm concerned about the burners already. Oven doesn't regulate temperature enough for me but my daughter loves her Thermadors and they look great. It has the best of the simmer burners.
Bertazzoni is the least convenient and it doesn't regulate temperature or heat evenly. It doesn't simmer low enough for me without my adjustments. It is manual cleaning and doesn't have a timer. The best thing about it is the look and the quality of the SS which is fantastic.
Kitchenaid must have an inferior quality to the ss burner ring which is not easily cleaned and has discolored and now has brown burn marks. The rest of the ss cooktop is fine. I like the layout of the high speed burner in the middle and it is also the simmer which is not low enough for me so I use the left back burner on very low and that seems just okay.
The big surprise is the Kenmore 27" double ovens. I bought the no frills but really good looking one. I just didn't want to spring for the expensive ones that looked great. Anyway, it doesn't heat the house, it preheats quickly, it cooks evenly and I haven't used the self cleaning yet. Timer and regulator are very good too. BTW, a friend bought the Jen-Air gas cooktop and had the same problem I did with the Jen-Air I got rid of. It just doesn't cook fast or hot enough.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 3:06PM
More Discussions
Replacing slide in range with range top
Would like to remove current stove/oven and install...
itsmekelli
Need Advice on Best Gas Range/Cooktop for Short Person
I will be getting either a new gas cooktop or a dual-fuel...
yaupon
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™