Marble vanity countertop. Good idea or Bad idea?

mdispensaSeptember 12, 2013

I just ordered small vanity in the bathroom (27" x 18") and need a top and would like something whitish. I love stone and am getting the carrera marble basket weave tiles for the floor and think a marble top would tie things together.

Is marble a bad idea for a vanity top? I'm not a perfectionist at all and am not upset by a few blemishes but I was reading on another post about etching, staining and dings on marble. Any first hand experiences? Should I look into a quartzite, granite or even cultured marble?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

Quartzite could indeed be more durable. Granite? I'm not a fan of granite in bathrooms. But I really don't much like granite at all. If you're doing a marble basket weave on the floor, I'll come over your house myself and tear out the cultured marble top if you have that installed. ; )

I would encourage you to find a nice piece of marble and go with it. Your personality seems suited to marble. A fine piece of marble? In many ways it's unlike anything else out other.

At times people lose sight of the fact that it's a living space. It's not a museum. You can get into habit patterns with lotions and potions that can minimize spills on to the marble.

What ever you choose...enjoy! Unless you choose cultured marble. Don't say I didn't warn you! lol

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 12:23AM
More Discussions
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
wmcjhi
Master Bathroom with Laundry
Where would you start with planning the perfect master...
queenofmycastle0221
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™