Carrara marble pricing?

wifiskerSeptember 7, 2012

Would anyone who has a carrara marble vanity top mind sharing a rough estimate of the pricing? The look of carrara makes me giddy but I'm not sure if I can convince DH we should splurge on the guest bath since our home improvement list is LONG and the budget is meager. The vanity is 54" so unfortunately it's not a size that I can find a less expensive prefab granite or marble top anywhere.

I stopped at Home Depot earlier today and an employee gave me a quote of approx. $1,000 for a carrara marble vanity top with a single undermount sink installed. Does that sound about right? Is it likely to be higher or lower through a stone supplier and fabricator than through a big box retailer?

Thanks for any and all help or advice. (Also, if you have carrara on the bath vanity have you had issues with stains or etching?)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg

I got a quote for a 54" vanity top from a fabricator who happened to have a perfect sized remnant of 2 cm Arabescato, which is a lot like Cararra. It was around $850, I think. I would supply the sink.

Another fabricator offered to do the fabrication for $235 if I do my own template and install. I found a remnant of Chroma Quartz in the finish that looks like marble; it's called Lattice. I got it for $250 so I'll be around $500 all in, plus the cost of the sink.

Our local Chinese import cabinet/granite shop sells prefab marble tops in 60" length for $199. They'll make cuts for $30 each, so I considered going that route and just cutting off the ends. But I didn't need my ends finished because the vanity is in an alcove; you might not be able to do that.

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 1:12PM
writersblock

>Is it likely to be higher or lower through a stone supplier and fabricator than through a big box retailer?

The big box store just contracts it out and takes a cut, so it's almost always more.

Also, for that size you might be able to find a remnant at a stoneyard that would work and those are usually much cheaper than buying a full slab.

If you can make the prefab work that's usually the cheapest route.

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 3:05PM
wifisker

Thank you both! Sounds like a trip to a stoneyard is in order to go searching for remnants.

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 7:02PM
ginagordon_gw

We had installed a 72 inch vanity top with 2 under mount sinks and an eased edge from a remnant for $972 including everything. Shop around as much as you can, my original quotes ranged from $1100 to $1365 before I found the remnant. Good Luck! I love it!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Master Bath Remodel...Floorplan help!
Hello all, I am in the planning stages of a master...
fst96se
help - can I recess surface mount medicine cabinets?
We have just realized that our previously ordered 5...
docellie
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™