Toto Carlyle toilets don't fit on piping...please help!

phxremodelSeptember 19, 2013

We were just told by our contractor that the 2 new toilets that we purchased...Toto Carlyle, will not fit in our bathrooms. From what we understand, it is the pipe coming up from the floor that is off.

One story house, with concrete slab foundation. They said the toilets are 2" off. We are now being told that there is a converter kit that can be purchased to allow setting of the toilets.

Since this is the first I have read of any problems with these toilets, I would appreciate any input and advice. Are these converter kits reliable? Is this the best approach to the situation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

I think you're refering to Toto's "unifit" adapter that allows for a 10" (or 14") rough-in as well as the common 12"- the rough-in referring to distance from the center of the drain pipe to the back wall. Some other brands offer a separate model of certain commodes that are designed specifically for a 10" rough-in, no adapter needed. The 10" r/i versions often protrude less from the back wall as well, saving floor space. The Toto adapter works fine too though, it's just an extra cost.

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 11:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jackfre

I installed Toto's in our last home and I'm a plumber. I missed the rough-in due to depth of wall. I purchased the 10" trap assembly that Toto offers. Piece of cake. You aren't in trouble. I would recommend the Toto Washlet Seat.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 6:49PM
More Discussions
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™