Abberley Lane - modifications

lexmomof3July 9, 2012

I've searched the other Abberley Lane posts and a saw a picture of a house that had a one story family room. Anyone have a plan that I can see so I can see what was upstairs? I'm also looking for what other modifications others have made. Anyone add a walkout basement or eliminate some of the unfinished bonus space over the master bedroom? We're considering a lot that would require basement b/c of the steep slope so I'm trying to find ways to reduce the costs. I'm pretty sure we'd never need 1,000 sq ft in that bonus room. Any other comments about the Abberley Lane plan are welcome.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mfowler423

I have a friend who just finished building this plan. I believe all they did was in making this a one story family room was to floor the part that would have been open and it became a children's den area that is just open to the entire upstairs. . Just imagine the second floor plan where it says "open to below" as being floored. Hope this makes sense. It is a beautiful home!

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 8:34AM
kfhl

I seem to remember an Abberley Lane with a playroom/classroom over the family room. It had some great built-ins. I have some pics of one that was built in Georgia, but I'm not sure if they modified anything. Let me know if you want them.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 1:33PM
lexmomof3

kfhl, I'd love to see pics if you have them. I wasn't sure if I should just leave it as one big open room, should there be a wall instead of a "look over balcony" down the stairwell (if that explanation makes sense) to reduce the noise. I'd love to see what someone else did. Thanks!

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 3:36PM
kfhl

I can't seem to find the pics from the area above the family room. There is an early pic of the built-ins on the gardenweb - mnthorse
I'm not sure if this link will work, but maybe you can copy it.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0122145424798.html
The other pics I have are of the kitchen, exterior and front porch. I must not have saved the rest.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 7:46PM
kfhl

another pic

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 7:51PM
kfhl

A whole different look for the exterior

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 7:52PM
lexmomof3

That is georgous! Thanks! I saw that mnthorse build this plan and saw a couple of pics before it was finished but haven't seen these. Thanks so much!

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
Floor Plan Critique
Building a narrow lot home and wanted to solicit input...
jdlarsen1
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Should I add a window in the dining room?
We are going to have a long narrow dining room, husband...
Bridget Howe
Induction cooktops.... Do you have one?
I am doing research on what is out there as far as...
blandinababes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™