Firefox

jane__nyJune 26, 2011

On my husbands XP laptop, since installing the new FF version, a page opens each time regarding missing toolbar. It is a FF search page as if someone asked about the missing toolbar-but he didn't run a FF search.

I have tried going to their support page and can't find anything about this. I uninstalled the new version and installed an older version and the same thing happens. It is a FF search page discussing the missing toolbar. He is not missing the toolbar and never ran a search. When he clicks on the FF icon to open the browser, both pages appear.

Any ideas.

Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TulsaRose z7a, Tulsa OK

Did you try the
"Mozilla Firefox forum"
?

The topic Instant Help - Frequently Asked Questions might point you in the right direction. Or you could start a new topic, then copy and paste your post from here.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 9:26AM
kudzu9

Does this only happen when you first open the browser or open a new page...not subsequently when you click on a bookmark? If so, have you gone into the Options settings to check the homepage? It could be that somehow what you have coming up is set as your default home page.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 1:02PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I would clear everything, cache history cookies all of it, I would clear the home page and reset the home page while actually on the page he wants as home page and then select set current page from the list options.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Lenovo Preinstalls Malware on Laptops
On the Yahoo News Tech page today, February 19, 2015,...
haldd
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™