Gaggenau Fridge?

bildit00August 19, 2012

Hi,

This is my first post!

I found a Gaggenua French Door built-in fridge today, floor model, for $3,700. It is a beautiful fridge, has a wonderfully written summary that would lead you to believe that it is the best fridge ever, and has some components/specs that I really like.

There are little to no reviews of this brand on the internet. Any feedback, thoughts and/or first hand experience with this brand fridge would be greatly appreciated. The savings when compared to SZ, viking and Thermador are tremendous. They are selling it to me at 50% off!

Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

A model number would help. That way we can determine how old it is, and check around for reviews on it.
More than likely it was made by Bosch so it won't need any
"Special" expensive parts like some brands here, and in fact whilst I was investigating where the oven heaters are made for an Elux oven (for a different post), I ran across Gaggenau parts for sale, and the same part fit Bosch, Gaggenau and another brand that I can't recall, right now.

It does seem like a great price, and we've seen posts where some folks really like the "Creature Features" of some of the Gaggenau Fridges.

Gary

Bookmark   August 19, 2012 at 10:47PM
bildit00

Hi Gary, good to know on the parts. Thanks for the feedback.

I guess a model number would help! It is Gaggenau RY491701.

Thanks!

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:46AM
dodge59

The same model sold on Ebay for $4299.
The Fridge sold new for $8999.

It has dual compressors evaporators condensers, _ A La SZ.
Alto I'm not a fan of duel compressor systems, I know a lot of folks are, and at the price you're getting it at----Well
That can't be beat!!!

I found some on-line reviews of the fridge, plus all the specifications for it, etc etc, See the links below for that info.

Every review I found, this fridge is rated Extremely high, not only for perforemance, Reliability, ease of use , etc etc. The only "Dings" it got was for its price, but You have nicely "Side stepped that problem". Normally I would be quite negative about the fridge--due to the price, but at the price you are getting at, "Mums" the word for me.

Good luck with the purchase, Click below to see the URL's to the web-sites I found.

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/RY491701.html

http://diplo-best.com/review/GAGGENAU/RY491701

http://www.comparance.com/Refrigerator/Gaggenau/RY491701

Gary

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 11:56AM
lee676

Note that Gaggenau, Thermador, and Bosch are all made by the same company and their built-in refrigerators and freezers are all similar, although each brand gets some unique parts and interior fittings.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 5:08AM
bend-or

So, how's the Gaggenau cooler treating you? Pros? Cons? I am curious enough to buy one, too. I hope you post an update! :)

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 5:08AM
More Discussions
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
Does Anyone have the Wolf Range with a Griddle?
I've got one and I find the grease doesn't drip into...
sbedelman
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™