His and Hers master bath areas?

redheadeddaughterSeptember 19, 2013

Hello there! I'm pretty sure this has been discussed already but I was wondering if anyone did this (his/hers sep. master baths) and what they think of it now? We are designing our new build and are considering having 2 small baths instead of one large one.

Is this ridiculously extravagant or a brilliant idea? :) Trying to weigh the benefits of my husband not having to see all my girly stuff (he's a neat freak) vs. resale value vs. extra plumbing cost, etc.. I kind of like brushing our teeth together though. ;) The square footage would be about the same, and the individual baths would be cozy, a shower in one and tub in the other. Any thoughts experienced GW's?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

A second small 1/2 bath with a sink and commode can be convenient and nice to have since I want privacy when I use it. But I prefer to share everything else - a large single sink with ample nearby storage, a nice 6' tub that can fit two in a pinch, and a decent sized shower. But obviously this is a matter of personal preference of yours and whoever you share it with.

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 10:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

Funny about separate baths for keeping your mess from your husband...not how it usually goes, all my married friends complain about shaving stubbles, toilet cleaning woes, etc. and would love to have a separate bath so he'd be forced to keep his own clean with no detriment to her. Even though it would be unusual, I think lots of people would find 2 smaller baths appealing.

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 7:08PM
More Discussions
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™