Returning a Fridge

shyvAugust 14, 2012

I bought a fridge from a store for about 7000$. The one that was delivered to us is not the same as the one we looked at the floor. For e.g this one is not stainless steel, and all three doors (a french style with 2 side doors & a bottom door) have sharp edges which cuts people deep if one is not very careful. We actually ended up going to an ER because of this Fridge.

I want to return it. But store is asking for 25% restocking fee (for a defective product they delivered to me). I think this is not fair. Can I sue them? Do I stand a chance?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan1888

What is the model number of the floor sample. Is that the same as is on your sales agreement? Take pictures. If a credit card was invoved contact customer service for your card to dispoute the charge.

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 7:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eccentric

Agree. And always remember - to check the appliance BEFORE it enters your house. We had to have 3 deliveries of our Bosch subcompact washer/dryer - since they were damaged. A third party picks them up from Bosch and delivers them to the store warehouse. A different third party delivers them - tossed on the truck along with the discarded appliances being picking up, so lots of jostling. I finally checked with Bosch and they told me it was a common problem and that under no circumstances should I accept delivery or it would become a "repair" problem. They told me they have a person check each item before it leaves Bosch. As it happens, I knew a woman whose husband was an executive at the appliance store in question - and the same thing happened to them. Only difference was that her husband was able to go to the warehouse and supervise his washer. I can't see a restocking fee being applicable if they sent the wrong fridge - so hopefully the fridge info is on your bill. Otherwise you have a problem. I doubt suing would help if you do not have proof.

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Sponsored Products
Minnesota Twins Countertop Fridge
$399.99 | zulily
Nostalgia Electrics CCP-610 Vintage Collection Popcorn Cart - 082677390059
$419.99 | Hayneedle
SPT Stainless Steel Energy Star Compact Refrigerator
Overstock.com
'Love Builds a Happy Home' Magnet
$7.49 | zulily
Nostalgia Electrics RRF325HNRED Retro Series 3.1 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator Fr
$249.99 | Hayneedle
'Please Return This Pencil' Personalized Pencil Set
$9.99 | zulily
Chintaly Danika Memory Return 30 in. Swivel Bar Stool - Dark Champagne - 0745-BS
$235.62 | Hayneedle
Warehaus Clip Magnet
| Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™