Keep getting this popup

jane__nyMay 1, 2013

I have zone alarm on my computer (XP). I keep getting this popup and when I click 'update' I get Server cannot be found. I have checked Zone Alarm directly and it says I'm up to date. I have the free version and I know they are always trying to get you to buy, but I'm careful not to.

This is very annoying and has been going on for 2 weeks. It appears legit but makes no sense since the link doesn't work. Took a print screen to see if there is anything which appears suspicious about this popup.

Thanks.
Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
genes

Have you ran Malwarebytes or another good spyware program

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 5:52AM
TulsaRose z7a, Tulsa OK

Be sure you are running the latest version of ZA Free ver. 11.0.000.504

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 8:05AM
SnidelyWhiplash

If your Windows version has a firewall feature, you probably can use that and uninstall/delete the Zone Alarm program altogether.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 2:23PM
jane__ny

Thanks but the pop up continues. I have the latest version, I do not use Windows firewall (XP), and when I click on the link (screen-shot) I get 'server not found.' I use the Free version and do not have their toolbar nor other stuff. Just the firewall.

I checked their forum and apparently someone else has the problem and was told to uninstall and reinstall. This person does not have exactly the same problem because they don't have the latest version.

Oh well, I'll just live with it. Thought I'd let anyone know in case they are having the same problem.

Jane

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Owbist Where is Owbist?
Did he cash in? Haven't seen his dulcet tones since B4...
mxyplux
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
Strange software update
This popped up on my desktop today by the clock but...
acraftylady
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™