HELP choosing between the Chef and Master Chef Miele Speed Oven

nycbluedevilAugust 18, 2012

I was planning to get the Miele Chef Speed Oven but now I am starting to obsess again and am worried that perhaps I am making a mistake and that I should go with the Master Chef. Last week's obsession was the dishwasher and I decided to upgrade from the Dimension to the Diamond, so my obsessions are getting expensive.

Anyway, my concern is chiefly about the ease of using the microwave. Now we have a Bosch MW that has a sensor reheat button and a 30 second instant cook button. The sensor cook button is great for heating up leftovers and the instant cook button lets me press itfive times in a row to get a two and a half minute zap for a big bowl of oatmeal.

I know that the Master Chef version of the oven has a minute plus setting and I know that it must sensor cook. What I can't figure out is how easy it is to use the mocrowave.

I am pretty familiar with the differences between the ovens otherwise. The autoroast feature seems nice on the Master Chef and the temperature probe is convenient. But I am not sure it is worth the $1,000 difference. And regarding the knobs on the Chef--frankly, I sort of prefer the knobs. I was thinking that they might be easier to use than dealing with the program touch pads since I am installing the unit below the counter.

This will be my only microwave. I will have a 36" BS range so I anticipate using the oven a lot, especially in combination mode to roast chicken.

So I am torn between the two models and need some help. Any advice out there GWers?

More Discussions
Which would you choose - Liebherr or Bosch?
Hi all: I'm in the market for a counter depth, 24",...
firefangle
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Anyone have a Wolf gas cooktop? Or another cooktop you really like?
I've found a lot on Wolf range's but not any reviews...
happyallison
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™