Iphone 4 - can't turn off

downsouthMay 2, 2014

I am posting this for my son. The button on the top right that turns his phone off is stuck....you can tell it by pushing it. It seems frozen (I know that's not the right computer term, lol).

He needs to turn his phone off while at work to keep it charged. He said it also gets hot. It may be a 4S...can't remember what he said.

Any suggestions for him?

Thanks, Dee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SnidelyWhiplash

Knowing nothing about this, I did a google search and found a fair amount of information. Condensing the answers I found suggests that if blowing it with compressed air doesn't provide a fix, it needs a repair by a qualified person (if the phone is young enough to be worth fixing).

Don't do anything on my say-so, I have no idea if what I found are the best available answers or not. You should do your own checking and make your own decision.

The alternative is to never be without a charging cord and learn to live with it always on.

Bookmark   May 2, 2014 at 10:40PM
cheryl217

In accessories there is assertive touch, it adds an off button to the touch screen. Also, I read yesterday that Apple knows there is a problem and will fix the button for free but it may depend on the model.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 10:01AM
acraftylady

One article says it's a known problem with Iphone 5 and apple will replace for free. Read some links here about 4s. I would contact apple about it. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Iphone 4s

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
Tosh
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™