Soft, true white for exterior? (Hardiplank modern farmhouse)

courtney1000July 21, 2013

Hi. We are looking for a Sherwin Williams soft neutral white - really do not want a yellow or creamy tone - house may get strong sun in places. I am afraid of blinding white shades - any suggestions? I've seen F&B and BM colors but not so many SW suggestions.

We'll have bluestone/flagstone porch and walkway, and haven't decided roof yet - architectural shingles, hoping for slate like dark gray, metal roof over porch.
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FmrQuahog

SW7056 Reserved White
also look at SW7666 Fleur de Sel

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 7:04PM
nini804

We used SW Eider White to paint our brick home. It is a cooler white, not creamy at all. Picking whites is so hard, we agonized over this decision...I must have tried 10 different paints on our sample brick board the builder made for us.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 8:11PM
FmrQuahog

Oooh, yes, SW Eider white is excellent. We used it for a hallway and two sunroom walls (interior spaces). Very nice suggestion, nini. I think it would be excellent as a siding paint.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:17PM
jolsongoude

Not sure if it's 'soft' or not, but we're really pleased with our choice of SW Moderne White.

Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: Vitt Hus

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 1:02AM
PRO
Bridget Helm

We used Shoji White by Sherwin Williams and I love it. I saw it on a bank and called to ask what the color was. I was surprised when i saw it on the color card because it has some gray undertones but on the house it's the perfect white. No yellow, no brown, no gray, but just a fresh white. Not stark though. I'd post a pic but photobucket is acting wacky right now. I can't pull up the website. I'll try later

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 3:59PM
PRO
Bridget Helm

i saw this on houzz and liked it. it's called westhighland white by sherwin williams. i haven't checked out the sample card yet. we are building again and I'm torn as to whether i want to use Shoji again or try something different just for fun. westhighland white is one i want to consider. it looks to be pretty creamy, however. not quite as fresh as shoji

http://www.houzz.com/photos/80000/RJ-Elder-Design-traditional-garage-and-shed-other-metro

http://www.houzz.com/photos/79995/RJ-Elder-Design-traditional-garage-and-shed-other-metrov

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 4:03PM
More Discussions
homeowner's association
totally OT, but... would you, did you, or will you be...
energy_rater_la
Powder room layout, what do you think?
We are in the back-and-forth with the architect, and...
houserookie
Just got first set of plans - would love feedback!
Hopefully, the below is a link to the first floor of...
mommabearof5
Master Bedroom Floorplan Review
Hello, I am currently working on building a new house...
mary8153
Working on plans, need advice
We're building in Missouri on 24 acres. We want one...
htwo82
Sponsored Products
Lina Chrome Wall Sconce with Chrome Exterior/White Interior Glass
$69.90 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™