Instant hot with Cold filtered water

p.ball2August 2, 2012

I have searched for old posts and only find ones that discuss instant hot. I was wondering if anyone has a hot and cold dispenser with the filtered water feature.

We are redoing our kitchen and am forgoing the filtered water and ice on the door dispenser. We will have an icemaker but since I do not want to have to buy water bottles I am looking into the filtered water dispensers. I figure why not get hot and cold if they offer it and it is a good system.

Hoping for some reviews by someone who has one

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidro1

i bought a filter, and an IHW.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:28PM
p.ball2

Do you like it?

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 8:12AM
jscout

I did a system with an Instant Hot (IH) and Reverse Osmosis (RO) into a single faucet. The RO also feeds the freezer for the ice maker. The water is not chilled, but at room temperature. It's only a minor inconvenience, because in order to have cold water you have to either use ice or store a pitcher in the fridge. I had originally considered a water chiller too, but after doing a little research, I found that not many recommend chilled and hot into the same faucet. I think one of the few systems available was from Everpure or something like that. But it was expensive.

My system is set up to flow like this:
Cold Pipe->RO->Faucet Cold Line->IH->Faucet Hot Line

The faucet is vented and has a third line out so it feeds the IH, instead of the RO feeding the IH.

After living with my system for almost a year now, I don't have any real complaints. I've only run out of IH and RO water once. That was the first time I entertained during the holidays. I got cute and made tea with the IH while also making coffee with the RO. This was also after serving drinking water from the RO throughout the party. RO takes a few hours to replenish and the IH shouldn't be run on empty. So I had to shut off the IH. Since then, whenever I entertain, I just use a kettle to boil water for tea. Then the IH to top-off or for other cooking needs.

I got my IH and RO from Costco and the faucet is a Tomlinson that it designed for RO and IH.

Quick & Hot from Costco:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11226343

RO from Costco:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10034720

Tomlinson Faucet:
http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/products/Tomlinson-Hot%7B47%7DCold-Contemporary-Reverse-Osmosis-Faucet.html

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Latest on Bluestar 30" RCS Gas Range Over Door Temp
Hi, First, thank you to all community members who have...
htwoozik
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Sponsored Products
Sample- Condensation Glass Tiles Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Grayed Jade Narrow Zig Zag Giclee Glow Plug-In Swag Pendant
Lamps Plus
Ellington Mandarin Red 23-Inch Square Floor Pillow
$47.99 | Bellacor
Prime Pacific 2-Quart Stainless Steel Whistling Tea Kettle
Overstock.com
Zuo Modern Outdoor LED Stool Lamp Cube Lumen in Large
ModernistLighting.com
Urchin Pendant
Lightology
Diamond Sofa Sonoma Sofa Loveseat Two Piece Set with Nail Head Accent In Mocha B
Beyond Stores
Accent Rug: Bristol Squares Burgundy 1' 8" x 2' 10"
$14.97 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™