What type of faucet is this?

nataliesj10September 3, 2012

My roommate and I have no shower and this is our bathtub faucet. We really want to get a shower head converter, but have no idea where to get one or if that's even possible. Please help, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It looks like the fitting is designed to accept some kind of rubber/plastic hose and it held in place with a clamp. An ordinary hose clamp would work but there was probably something more decorative at one point in time.

I'd suspect that the fitting could be removed, although it might not be easy. Then replace it with a conventional threaded adapter and you could use something like this:

The unfortunate part is that handheld showers tend to be a lot more expensive than a conventional one. Depending on how skilled you are and how concerned you are with appearance you could probably rig up something that uses a a conventional shower head for a whole lot less money.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 7:38AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™