' failure updating wimdows'

salbwilMay 10, 2011

Hi,

Twice I've received the message " don't turn off your computer, windows is automatically updating" and will turn off when complete. I return later to turn the computer back on and the update resumes only to stop and say " update failed and computer is reverting" . Does anyone know what I should do now ? Will this keep happening ? I am running Windows 7, IE 8.

Thanks ,

salbwil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandms

I think I would run the downloads again and see if they install. Do you do your updates manually or do you do the automatic update? I have the notification come, and then I download and install manually. I had a total of 4 this time for my Windows 7, 64 bit.

Bookmark   May 10, 2011 at 10:21PM
salbwil

I do automatic update ; it tried again this a.m. and I'm hoping it succeeds this time. It stated "Microsoft Visual C++ " error 1935 in installation.
salbwil

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 9:37AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

if it fails go to the actual individual updates and try doing each one separately not all together, then restart your pc after each one, that way you will know exactly which one is failing and you can either block it or try it at some later time, you would need to block it temporarily though or your auto updates will keep trying to install it.
If you are using xp and you go directly to the windows download page you can click on history to the left and see what has installed and what has failed.

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
Tosh
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™