Hurom Slow Juicer / Juicer recommendations?

oldbat2beAugust 19, 2012

Hi... does anyone have this and if so, what do you think of it? I have a few Williams Sonoma gift cards, so would prefer to buy one from them, and the kids have been asking for a juicer for a while...

Other recommendations? Thanks, oldbat2be

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EATREALFOOD

Hi Oldbat
There is a review of this on naturalnews.com. This is the one I will buy since it comes highly recommended by Mike Adams(he uses many juicers)I respect his opinion on many matters. I like the fact that it extracted the juice w/o shredding, but it will give you more pulp than other juicers.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 12:05AM
oldbat2be

Thanks eatrealfood. The first article I read had way too many exclamation points for my comfort level, but I did like this one, tips on using the juicer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tips on how to use hurom juicer

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 6:19AM
hald

I bought one and returned it to the store before using it. I also have a Champion (a single masticator type), a Greenstar (a twin gear type), an Acme (a centrifugal type), and a cheap GE that is similar to the Jack LaLane juicers. I returned the Hurom because the instructions said you have to chop up things like carrots, celery, beets, etc. before they can go in the juicer. Also, the feed tube is very small. I bought the Hurom specifically because it claims to be very good at juicing greens. But considering the time I'd spend chopping stuff and cleaning up, I think the Greenstar is still best for things like spinach and kale. All in all, too much time and work compared to my other (very old and reliable) juicers. Just my 2 cents.
-hald

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
54" Zephyr Monsoon II vs. Best by Broan 54" Potenza - Clear Winner??
GW, Ahhh - my favorite place to be the past 12 months...
Andrew K.
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Sponsored Products
Hurom Two-stage Slow Juicer
$359.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™