Small width undermount sink (rectangle?)

mamattorneySeptember 24, 2012

I just got off the phone with a granite fabricator. I have a narrow vanity (17.5" deep with a current vanity top depth of 18") and I was discussing using a remnant to make a new vanity top.

She told me that between the backsplash and the faucet holes that I would only have 12.75" for the sink and that it would be a tiny sink.

Current sink is a drop in over a laminate top. I know drop ins over stone are not at all popular and it's not my first choice.

Does anyone have a VERY narrow undermount sink that they are happy with? I think I would get another 1.5" if I didn't do a backsplash, but I'm not wild about that either.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
writersblock

How wide can you go? There are several rectangular vitreous china sinks on overstock that have reviews that say they fit in an 18" deep vanity:

Here is a link that might be useful: undermounts at overstock

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 5:16PM
mamattorney

Thanks for the link. I have found two sinks I think may work:

Porcher 12100-00.001 Marquee Petite Rectangle Undercounter Lavatory - White
http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Porcher-12100-00.001-Marquee-Petite-Rectangle-Undercounter-Lavatory---White-124575.asp#.UGHSEVFP8ge

and

Courtyard White Undermount Lavatory Sink
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Courtyard-White-Undermount-Lavatory-Sink/2677720/product.html

Has anyone used either one?

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 12:04PM
napagirl

Since you will have very little space between the back of the faucet and the wall (or backsplash), you may want to use a drain stopper that is not connected to the faucet.

This means you can remove the pull-up handle/knob from the backside of the faucet. I'm not sure what that type of stopper is called, but it operates totally separate from the faucet....same as a kitchen faucet and drain stopper.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 6:29AM
writersblock

Umbrella drains are probably the most popular right now.

BTW, mamattorney, faucetdirect has the Porcher right now for $147.50 plus an additional 3% off. (There are also a couple of pics of it installed in the reviews there.)

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™