Pads, notebooks, laptops, pcs, phones

albert_135May 24, 2012

Now-days, persons asking questions may be using ipads, notebooks, laptops, PCs, phones. or others.

Are these various things called ''platforms'' or ''devices'' are what?

If someone says I cannot connect to GW we need to ask "What _____ are you using?"

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I usually say devices. It is very important to give all the information you possibly can because it becomes so difficult and extremely time consuming to try to research a remedy with little to go on.
I think often the ones asking for assistance don't realize we may spend a significant amount of our time researching the problem for the best solution. If it saves any of us including the person asking time then give all you can from the beginning. As I told someone, I truly wish the answers just came magically falling out of my mind but unfortunately I don't have that power!
And the older I get the less the stuff that really is in my brain makes an appearance! LOL

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 6:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nearandwest

ipads, notebooks, laptops, pc's and phones are devices. Computer architecture, programming language, operating systems, and software framework are examples of platforms.

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™