Tile Quandry

VickyggSeptember 13, 2012

Hi....I have a small master bath stuck in the 70's. It has wall tiles that are harvest gold (which bears a striking resemblance to Ben Moore Chestertown Buff) on two walls (the tub surround, and under the window) and two walls that are a mottled white and gold tile (behind the toilet and around the vanity. I was going to reglaze the tub and all the tiles white; get a new floor and find a fabulous wallpaper but.........I have been seeing an awful lot of gold and gray lately and was wondering about keeping the gold tiles and painting the bathroom a rich gray color like Chelsea Gray. Is this gold tile even worth decorating around?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg

Before I even read your post, my first thought was that you need gray to go with the gold tile. I think the gold tile looks really good, actually. Could you redo just the speckled tile, and work around the gold? I envision a large-scale gray tile on the floor, and some cool wallpaper. Are the tub and toilet the same color? If so, it looks like they might look fine with the gold walls.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 5:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Vickygg

Actually, I had to replace the toilet after this picture was taken. I replaced it with white. I was going to just re-glaze the tub white and keep the tile around the tub gold; but not a lot of paint colors look good with this color gold (other than the gray or black) so I too was thinking about a great wallpaper. Not sure if I want to continue to look at the gold/white color blocking but also not sure about the cookie cutter white bathrooms that everyone seems to be doing! I can't upload another picture yet for your viewing until I get some batteries for my camera! Thanks, Vicky

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™