Where to make the cuts...
So we got the price back from a builder that we recently met with.. He priced 475k which includes the 20k for permits and associated hookups.. So 455k for the house with all of our wants.. Now this price includes MANY things that we wanted and even some that we werent even planning for...
- Basic Finished basement (1400sq ft).. This includes basic tile with all framing, sheetrock, electrical, paint, and HVAC..
- Structured wiring system (all cable, cat5e/6, phone, etc) run to a central media closet in basement
- Full hardwired alarm system to include all doors, windows, motion sensors, alarms, etc..
- Prewire for Legrand Unity system which includes 17 pairs of speakers homerun to basement and about 40 home run cat5e cables
- Whole House Generator
- All recessed lighting to be LED and include under cabinet lighting in kitchen
- Hardie Siding
- 16 seer HVAC Units sized for whole house
- 3 1/4 Hardwood throughtout first floor
- American Standard Plumbing throughout (exact fixtures to be determined)
- Prewire for 16 Camera IP Security System
- Composite 18x18 deck
- 1000 square foot paver driveway
- Central Vacuum with Hide a hose
- Crown Molding on first floor
We want to get the price down for the house.. I am getting a more detailed list for the house but trying to think of what would be the best things to cut out that perhaps we could do later.. He said if we cut the basement out and don't finish it would save us about 20k.. If we go to vinyl instead of hardie siding we would save 8k.. Just trying to see what the easiest ways to cut would be that wont effect the end result.. We had planned to finish basement dwon the road so we were thinking of just asking him to frame it and we will do it ourselves down the road.. Just looking for some input.. Thanks