Lost wireless connection

stu2900May 5, 2012

One minute we had wireless, the next it was gone. The wired desktop is fine, but the laptop and netbook cannot find the wireless connection. We've turned everything off, unplugged, rebooted. Still, no wireless connection. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

did you unplug your router and modem both if not shut down the computers, unplug the router and modem, then wait about 5 mins, then power up in this order, modem first let it get lit up, then power up router let it get lit up then power up computers. The order and time are very important.

If that does not work look at your router and see if the signal lights are all on that should be on.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 9:53PM
azinoh

If you are in an area where other wireless networks are active, it's possible that one or more of them are strong enough to interfere with your ability to connect to your own network, especially if you are using the same channel. I use a program called inSSIDer and find it very useful to see whats going on. There are as many as 12 networks operating in my area and they are constantly switching channels it seems. With inSSIDer, I can see which channels they're using and adjust my channel if needed. It's free and has helped me on more than one occasion.

Here is a link that might be useful: inSSIDer

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 7:27AM
stu2900

Thanks so much for your responses. Long story short, apparently AT&T had an "issue." We found out several neighbors had the same problem. They are coming to the house Wednesday to "fix" the problem. Thanks again!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 9:58PM
More Discussions
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™