Stacyneil, others-"white" (epoxy) grout, still "white" after use?

kirkhallSeptember 14, 2012

I posted this image to my pinterest the other day, and a wise aunt commented, "NO!NO!NO!" that I'd regret white grout unless I like to scrub with a toothbrush...

Did you use white grout in any of your "white" bathrooms?

Does epoxy/laticrete spectralock white grouts have the same issues that my aunt might be experiencing with her (older) white grout?

Would mushroom or another non-white, but light, grout have similar issues, or always look dirty?

I'm looking for experiences and also pictures! (I'm still in inspiration phase...need to pick something out by Nov.)

TIA!

(here was the inspiration pic. I am liking MOP atm, so any thoughts on that would be great too (it'd be an accent with probably subways or a beigey field tile).

Source: houzz.com via Dayna on Pinterest

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pipdog

That's beautiful tile! Is the MOP on the floor? I wouldn't use white grout on the floor. Even a light gray would be better at hiding stains.

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 4:47PM
kirkhall

Thanks Pip! I really just started looking at it. It is gorgeous, and feminine, which would work for my "hall bath" which will be for my 2 girls... It is spendy though, I'd only be able to do it for accent, and only the "cheaper" 1mm veneered on ceramic; so I don't know if it will really be feasible. But, it really is pretty.

I wouldn't use it on the floor. Just near the vanity (backsplash) and then as accent for tub/shower surround.

btw--saw your post of your bathroom (with marble) in another post. Beautiful! What is your grout choice there? I really like it (sometimes, I like marble, sometimes, I don't. I think it has a lot to do with lighting and grout choice).

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 8:43PM
cat_mom

We don't have white grout on any of our floors but the tub and shower surrounds in our house have white tile, and white grout. The two most used bathrooms, the MB and hall bathroom (both reno'd 2 yrs ago) have TEC XT Bright White grout. They look as white now as they did when installed. We do wipe down the walls (and tubs) with a paper towel after showering, and I clean the bathrooms pretty much every week (sometimes 1 1/2-2 weeks, but that's not the norm).

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 11:02PM
Pipdog

thanks, kirkhall. If you are just using the MOP as an accent and not on the floor, I think it's probably ok to use a white grout.

The grout we chose for the master bath was a very light gray from C-Cure called Winter Frost. When wet, it looks darker. It was a good compromise between white and something more stain resistant.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
tile drywall corner transition
I'm trying to figure out how to complete the corner...
mattt19
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Sponsored Products
Ridgely Studio Works | Spiral Nest Cascading 7 Light Chandelier
YLighting
Ruffle Square Serving Platter - 14"
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
The Twilight Hours Wall Clock
$34.99 | Dot & Bo
Tacoma 105 PowerLED 4" Stainless Steel LED Marine Light
Lamps Plus
Ridgedale Black Eight Light Chandelier
$379.90 | Bellacor