Starting on my way~~

phoggieJuly 9, 2012

Just wanted to let my friends on this forum who have been so faithful to follow my saga.... The house plans that Summerfield drew up for me have been tweaked a bit...and my Amish crew is going to stake it out on my lot Friday...and I am so excited, and nervous at the same time! I hope it will sit in there so I get full views of the pretty little lake. They will start digging the footings etc. soon and framing should start last of August or first of September and they think I should be in by Christmas.

It is quite an undertaking for a 70 year old woman, so I hope that everything will fall into place as planned. Since DH died so suddenly, I have had a hard time making some decisions on my own, so hope my contractor will guide me and it will be a home I can enjoy for several years to come.

I am sure I will be back with lots of questions...but anyway, here I go!!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
auroraborelis

Congrats! I can't wait to hear (and see) your progress. Anytime you need help we are all here to help! :)

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 4:50PM
DLM2000

I'm sure this is a bittersweet time for you but hopefully the excitement of the build and the new home you'll have will minimize the understandable sadness you experience. From what you've said, your crew sounds like a great fit for you and I'm hopeful the builder will be patient and understanding when you feel overwhelmed. And of course, there are all the fabulous eyes and minds here to help you - I'm continually amazed at the vision of some posters! I'm excited for you - it'll be great to tag along and watch!

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 5:19PM
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

So happy and so excited for you. I know it's scary but I also know YOU can do it. If you haven't done so already, tell that Amish builder of yours about GW and let him know that we're ALL gonna be watching his work and cheering him on... as long as he treats you right. But if he "messes" with you, he's gonna have a whole country full of Gardenwebbers ready to stomp on him for you. LOL!

Do keep us posted and best wishes to you.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 8:44PM
allison0704

Congratulations! I hope you are able to enjoy the building process. May you have many happy years in your new home.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 8:51PM
ILoveRed

Good for you. Cheering you on.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 8:59PM
SummerfieldDesigns

merry Christmas :-)

trust that all will go well ...

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 5:58AM
motherof3sons

Congrats Phoggie! I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your posts.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 7:44AM
lavender_lass

Phoggie- Congratulations! I am so happy for you :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 10:25AM
phoggie

Thank you for all of your well wishes and words of inspiration. You are such a wonderful group and I am
so happy to have found this site.

I'll have to learn how to post pictures....for an internet challenged old woman, it is not something that comes easily. I know enough just to be dangerous! I hope someone has really EASY instructions I can follow.

Thanks to all.....and bevangel, the Amish here do not have computers :-)...but I'll tell him anyway.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
2 car vs 3 car attached garage price
We are in the beginning stages of trying to figure...
dotydreamhome
Frank Betz Kensington Park - opinions and any pictures please!
In the Air Force, thinking about building the Kensington...
dnasmith14
Mushcreek we need a March thread:)
Hi Mushcreek, Will you start a new thread for March?...
zorroslw1
Can I get a closet in/next to an 8'x8' ensuite bath?
I have 8'x8' inside the walls for a bath, and I'd like...
edwardshome
Add second story balcony before framing starts
My house's basement foundation will be poured sometimes...
houses14
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™