Bluestar owner please post photo of color choice for RNB

unstillifeAugust 8, 2013

With GW's community help we have finally decided on a Bluestar 30" RNB gas range. The current promotional lets us upgrade to a color for free. And so once again we are awash in a new dilema! What color for our mostly white kitchen? We would so appreciate photos from all you Bluestar owners! Any color we should avoid?? Thanks a million!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

With over 900 colors to choose from, that's a tough choice. I'm sure a splash of color in your white kitchen would look really good, but you know what colors would accent the rest of your house and furnishings. I considered a dark red, (RAL3011) but worried I might tire of it after while so I played it safe with black, and I'm very happy with that decision. BTW, Welcome to the Bluestar family! I am absolutely loving the range after four months of good hard use...

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 4:37PM
unstillife

Thank you @ctycdm - love the black as well... Marcus Samulesson has a black bluestar in his home kitchen, if I could only cook like him... Good to hear you are so happy with the range.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 5:10PM
willtv

Our kitchen is black & white.
So for us black was a natural.

You will love your Bluestar.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 8:58PM
sayde

Mine is bottle green.

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 8:53AM
justmakeit

I didn't have the courage to go with a full color, so I ordered a set of colored knobs. I, too, am a happy happy Bluestar owner. I love cooking on this beast :-)

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 11:01AM
unstillife

Thank you all. Clearly the range looks good no matter the color! @justmakeit I love your style!

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 5:23PM
otterkill

Ral 4004 Bordeauxviolett

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 9:34PM
FarmerMcLarry

We ordered our 4004 Bordeauxviolett last week. I'm glad to actually get to see one! Beautiful!!

I have to agree with Pierrepont, the range looks good no matter the color!

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 2:43PM
otterkill

FarmerMcLarry...I wore the color chart out trying to make the right decision...taping colors to walls, floors, countertops and appliances. I looked at them during the day and night. And that was the color I kept coming back to. Please post a pic when you get your beauty. Justmakeit....I love your idea of the color knobs with the stainless and Sayde...the bottle green was one I considered, but i thought I'd have too much green in my kitchen as my countertops are a sage green color. They ARE all beautiful!!

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 7:27PM
unstillife

Thank you all - we went for the Vermillion and couldn't be happier ...and quite honestly I haven't seen a bluestar color I didn't like :)

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 8:24PM
kitchendetective

Wow, very cool!

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 9:37PM
cookncarpenter

GW needs a "like" ....or in this case a" love" option :)

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 10:10PM
justmakeit

That vermillion is so incredibly appealing -- well, really, so is your entire kitchen. I love how you put everything together, small but totally functional. (I have both a bluestar and a liebherr. Clearly great minds think alike!)

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 12:07AM
FarmerMcLarry

Great colors! How are you all cleaning the colored portions of your BS? Just a damp rag? My RAL4004 got installed last week and so far, I am loving it! I just want to make sure I don't mess up the finish.

Also, ctycdm, I noticed in another thread where you posted a close up of yours and I'm curious as to what kind of feet you put under yours.

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 12:41PM
cookncarpenter

@Farmer, the feet on mine are just the ones that came on the range, they screw up and down to level. Are yours not the same?

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 1:09PM
FarmerMcLarry

They definitely look like the same legs, but do you have them in some sort of foot underneath? It looks like they're in a black footing of some sort on yours.

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 1:15PM
cookncarpenter

That black foot is a hard vinyl attached part of the leg that came with it. Maybe they've changed the design? My range was built just about a year ago. The vinyl feet are nice, I had to slide the range in and out a few times during my kitchen work, and it did not scratch the finish on the oak floors...

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 1:24PM
FarmerMcLarry

I'm definitely going to check with them. Were they attached to the legs out of the box, or were they packed separately? I'm wondering if mine had them and were possibly overlooked. Here's a shot of mine.

Bookmark   December 8, 2013 at 1:47PM
carree

Here is photo of my translucent mahagoney that I continue to admire. I don't think my stove legs have all black rubber feet. Will have to go back to check.

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 12:42PM
carree

Here is photo of my translucent mahagoney that I continue to admire. I don't think my stove legs have all black rubber feet. Will have to go back to check.

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 12:43PM
FarmerMcLarry

My kitchen isn't done yet, but here is a sneak peek at my 36" RAL4004 Bordeauxviolett...

And from a lower perspective...

This post was edited by FarmerMcLarry on Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 23:54

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 11:51PM
otterkill

Love the RAL 4004 ;)

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 2:06PM
FarmerMcLarry

Kindred spirits :)

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
Capital Culinarian oven latch
My wife and I have a nearly new 36" self clean...
fredbarber
Sponsored Products
Bluestar 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™