would like feedback/opinions about fixtures in curbless shower
Would appreciate feedback on best way to place fixtures.
Shower will be curbless. Remodel not yet started.
Though neither my husband nor I are wheelchair bound, we are both in
I have balance problems that are fairly significant. I use a cane sometimes when going out.
I will probably mainly use the handheld shower and bench. My husband will probably use the fixed and possibly rain shower.
It is unlikely that we will both shower at the same time however not impossible to think that there will be two in the shower with one helping the other.
The GPM rating for our plumbing will allow for water to flow from two fixtures simulataneously.
Handheld shower is above the center of the bench in the second diagram in case that isn't obvious
Please don't hesitate to provide option(s) that are different for the fixtures.
Other things to consider:
1. shower might be used by someone in wheelchair (without help)
2. showers are digital, i.e. no handles/levers. Shower flow and temp
manipulated by pushing a preset button on the control panel
3. I don't like niches so want to use good quality stainless baskets
4. am willing to purchase another bench if this pull down bench is too big -
(have had trouble finding one that is rated for more than 250 lbs)
5. height of pony wall is adjustable at this point.
6. Design is fixed for number of fixtures - fixed, handheld, and rain.
Design is fixed also regarding dimension - 60",60"
Window size and shower door location are fixed.
Size and number of bars,stainless baskets and bench location are NOT fixed.
7. I have no familiarity with understanding whether a handheld shower
should be installed overhead the bench. If not overhead, how far out
Just the shower - fixture config 1:
Just the shower - fixture config 2:
Full Hall Bath configuration: