Kitchenaid Oven Follow-Up

shortyrobynAugust 15, 2011

I guess it's normal that people report their problems more than their non-problems. Anyway - I read some messages here about people having problems using the self-clean function on their Kitchenaid ovens. I bought the 30" double wall ovens anyway - in January - mostly to avoid extensive cabinetry work (my 16 year old Kitchenaid double ovens died - computer malfunction - too expensive to repair) - the new model fit perfectly into the old cabinet.

I have since used the self-cleaning function in both ovens. No problems. I will use the self-cleaning function again a couple of times before the first anniversary of the unit (even though I have an extended warranty). My ovens tend to get really dirty when I am doing holiday cooking.

The only problem I have had with the unit is both ovens were slightly off in terms of temperature calibration. But there is a function in the unit where you can calibrate the temperature (which I did - using a $5 oven thermometer). Robyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
antss

This is good to know -

but...............I still wouldn't do business with a co. that acted like they did in handling the defective ovens for years. They still deny there even WAS a problem!

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 7:26PM
dodge59

As usual, you're right, Antss, buttttt------
What about Miele and their low oven temps, which is still unresolved, and does Miele admit to such a problem?

Gary

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 9:08PM
tarheel72

I am glad to hear you have had no problems but I will not be using the self clean anyway, on any oven I own. It is nothing but an ultra high temp setting, and that is a receipe for trouble. I clean the oven if it gets messed up as soon as it cools down and I have found that a little BKR works just fine. In a year and a half I have not had to use the self clean and the oven looks brand new. Good luck going forward, I hope you continue to avoid any problems.

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
danadevy
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™