Appliance Conundrum in Austin Texas

monsonkAugust 10, 2012

I'm writing to join the legion of folks agonizing about which appliances to buy for a significant kitchen redo. I have some specific and general questions.

First, I've been wondering about the advisability of buying any particular brand (i.e., BlueStar) when I'm not sure about getting reliable service. Not being within driving distance of Trevor and Eurostoves makes some of the posts on this forum a little hard to use. Any insight on the Austin high-end appliance repair scene?

Second, specific appliances:

This kitchen is going to cost more than a car. A nice car. I don't want to spend money on useless crud. What do you (the experts) think about the following options:

A Bosch dishwasher: Bosch Ascenta SHX3AR7

A 30 or 24 inch Blue Star wall oven (we'd prefer gas)

Either the Bertazzoni or the Capital Precision/Culinarian Rangetop, in 36" (or a 30" range top if someone has a recommendation)

An in-cabinet hood for a custom wood surround.

AND

a yet-to-determined, second in-wall appliance (Speed oven? Steam Oven?)

Does anyone have any ideas comments on this kind of line up?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monsonk

Also, I've read the thread on advantium, but am wondering whether, if I have to make a choice, I should get an advantium or the Breville smart oven, or both. We do a lot more baking than microwaving, BUT our parents like to microwave their coffee (which they make in a drip pot we keep in the attic when they aren't here...) Would be content to get the smart oven and keep the microwave in the attic, but wanted to know what y'all thought.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 3:18PM
More Discussions
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
Need Advice on Best Gas Range/Cooktop for Short Person
I will be getting either a new gas cooktop or a dual-fuel...
yaupon
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™