others using my email to send me an email from me?

krissie55May 7, 2013

Please advise how someone else can use my Yahoo e-mail to send me an email from myself? How can I stop this?

A pharmacy has been doing this lately.

I changed my password, but today there are more emails to myself from myself posted by a pharmacy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pooh Bear

They are spoofing your email address.
Makes it a lot harder to block when it's your own address.

Pooh Bear

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 3:49PM
sushipup1

Bottom line is that you somehow picked up a nasty on your computer, and probably your entire address book had been taken, so everyone is getting spam from you. Now, your address will probably be used by other spammers. BTW, it's not a real drug store/pharmacy, it's a spammer/scammer. Do NOT try to contact them.

You need to talk to a good local computer store and get your computer cleaned of all the nasty stuff, and probably you'll need to change your password with your ISP ASAP. Don't wait, doing these things are critical.

In other words, go get some help.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:50PM
john_wc

As posted earlier, you have been spoofed.

The spoofing could stem from malware such as a Trojan or rootkit but it is more likely that it is a spammer disguising the email sending address since you will tend to open the email if the sender looks friendly.

Open the full header of the email, copy and paste into an email and send to your email provider.

Just to be sure, a thorough scan is in order. What real-time protection and scanners do you use?

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:32PM
fruitjarfla

Some e-mail providers allow the user to filter the incoming e-mail and send it to Spam. The filter, in this case, would be your user id.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 8:48AM
krissie55

Thanks for your suggestions.
Krissie

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 6:41PM
spike07

See this yahoo help article. Someone is either spoofing yoru email or has hacked your account. If the link doesn't work google "yahoo account sending spam" and the help doc should come up.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&id=SLN2068&pir=fpZBPiRibUl12ul7dccwAF0qylL_GBBgUXiZ7tzCaGojVijjEIvQXUCC2g9cGQy1gxDypw3zLZQzXdFNHimx8S9KKYPhWmRJ7e0PolCCs.vn3FvDg5sER1BPhaW4oWjZPjwGNZXVB2s9SOg9MxBqURlcLcsYAMmm1VOFuoETAjfNVVr3aQyy0TtzR_t3SOasOf7CjwlelaxmVLTmatjBFo.eK7vuOdB3Cm5CbswTOSivJS5BMKOg2qHWeO1PJ9QMwWr3xLuB8GBWQCCWtoRx.CoFRrvSsKBWxwi1FuEv08H2LSoMzmsIgtg3242P9YHbrf8RXR0idLjf_wu.XeZYhgT7W1pPla2rFk_oV0OpRFPxOx_ZAEu1huMIdu.vOjPpbIb_9wByyxauo5dcXa6KGYs6_M9NSFJOH_JH6mk-

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
I have just ignored this problem for the past 3 months...
Lea Grabb
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™