Help selecting grout for carrara tiles?

elm913September 26, 2011

Hi everyone! I have installed large 18 x 18 inch carrara tiles on the wall, and am aiming for a seamless slab-look. My contractor accidentally used Delorean Gray to grout. It looks way too dark, and makes the tiles much more defined than I want. He is going to remove it, and I am deciding on replacement. My top choices (from TEC AccuColor) are either Standard White or Silverado. Does anyone have experience with these, and can suggest which one will be the most invisible with large Carrara tiles? I am not worried about it getting dirty as the tiles are on the wall. I just want it to blend away so the tiles look contiguous.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tikatoo

This may not be much help but I'm using Navelli Carrera Star 18 x 18 tiles on my floor with Silver by Mapei. It looks great! Send pictures when you are done!

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 8:12PM
oldhomeowner_2007

I hope this response is not too late to help. I used Silverado in my shower. You can take a look at the pictures by clicking the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: My bath

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 4:24PM
Stonetech

Carrera can vary quite a bit. Get a grout comparison colour chart and hold it up to the tiles. Pick the one that disappears the best...

Bookmark   October 2, 2011 at 3:39AM
Ren25

What did you decide to go with? I am doing the exact same thing in our master shower -- 18X18 carrara tiles that I am hoping will have a slab-look. I am laying them out tomorrow to match up the veining - would love to know what grout you selected!

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 7:18PM
More Discussions
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
wmcjhi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™