I changed ink cartridges, now printer won't print

alisandeMay 25, 2008

This is not the first time I've changed the cartridges in this printer, but for some reason it won't print now.

It's an HP 7350 photo printer, and it's been problem-free for me until now. I turned it on this morning and replaced the cartridges, and then it printed out a calibration sheet. But I can't get it to print a photo. I've gone through the HP troubleshooting screens, but nothing works. It won't print from Notepad either.

Any ideas for me? Thanks!

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DA_Mccoy

I used the search engine located on the Forum's home page citing printer won't print. Among the responses there was a HP related thread dated April 21 with a similar concern On that thread I posted a protocol I found in hopes of helping that member. Unfortunately the member didn't post as to whether it helped or not. Hopefully it will for you.

DA

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 12:35PM
cboy

I had a similar problem the other day. I had a document that
wouldn't print and was blocking other print jobs.
Go to the Control Panel - Open the Printer Icon -
Right click your Printer Icon and left click open.
See if you can delete or cancel all listed print selections.
I had one that wouldn't cancel until I restarted.
I have a different HP printer.

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 12:55PM
alisande

Thanks, both of you. The print queue is empty. DA, I'll try your protocol tomorrow, as I have to be somewhere else this afternoon. Meanwhile, I'll ask my son if the problem could possibly be related to the new networking connection he set up recently.

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 1:02PM
hilltop_gw

I'm not familiar with your model of printer but here's one thing to try. I had a similar problem with my HP D1320 model. It was problem free but after changing the color cartridge it took forever to print one page (like 30 minutes). I used their online support and if I remember correctly I was told to hold in the on/off button and, while doing so, open and close the lid 3 or 4 times. That was supposed to "reset" the system. Ultimately we found my problem was that I needed to change my black cartridge --even though it was still half full of ink.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 9:00AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Yes many of the new ones have "expiration" dates on the cartridges and force you to change them even if they still have ink in them and they are fine so that very well could be your problem, try changing the other cartridge also and see if it works.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 3:40PM
kidashley25

check the cartridges if you properly inserted it. it might not read the chip of the cartridge.

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 11:17AM
jsulen

Solution: Remove the cartridge from your printer and place the nozzles on to a paper towel soaked in water or TIN nozzle cleaner.

Here is a link that might be useful: hp 57 cartridge

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
MacBook--Image Frozen on Screen
Anyone know what this means? (or how to rotate the...
Help with color on my images
I take pictures and on my camera they are a good color...
berk
I-Pad Backup Help or Need?
I need advise on or need for backing up my wife's I-pad. Wife...
chas045
XP backup reinstall
Back again, considering doing a XP backup (what's best...
jerry_nj
System Notification To Defrag Drive C
Howdy. Win7/IE8/Desktop/AVG. This morning on boot...
candler
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™