Discontinued Wolf Range Top purchase help

leh527August 27, 2012

Hi,

We have just purchased a new home and will be remodeling the kitchen. Today, while looking for appliances, I came across a wolf rt 364g range top in the scratch and dent section. It is a discontinued model and they are selling it as an open box item for $2200. I was considering putting an induction cooktop in, but had heard such great things about wolf, finding this threw me for a loop! Just FYI...I have not cooked on either so im pretty open.

I would like to know if anyone has used this particular model or know why it was discontinued? Also, do you think this is a fair price for this particular item. Would you buy this, at this price, or go with the induction?

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

It looks like the semi sealed burners that Wolf had that were discontinued. I can't comment on them because I haven't cooked with them but there are some threads about them. The Wolf AG ranges had them until recently. You have to be a little careful reading about them because I have seen comments about "Wolf burners" without differentiating them from the sealed burners. This usually comes from the detractors of Wolf.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Anyone have a Wolf gas cooktop? Or another cooktop you really like?
I've found a lot on Wolf range's but not any reviews...
happyallison
How much can a Wolf rangetop be changed?
I have a late 1970's propane 36 inch 6 burner Wolf...
deepdrop
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Island hood...where can I get a reasonably priced one.
Looking for stainless and or glass.
jtaime2
Sponsored Products
Afina Vanderbilt Large Triple Door Recessed Baroque Medicine Cabinet - 51W x 40H
Hayneedle
Milan Dresser
Italy Design
Nexus Brushed Nickel 3-Light Pendant
PLFixtures
Serenity Brushed Nickel 1-Light Pendant
PLFixtures
Afina Vanderbilt Medium Triple Door Recessed Baroque Medicine Cabinet - 42W x 34
Hayneedle
Rubber Vase by Menu
$34.95 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™