e-reader experts: does Kindle or PDN show pictues

casiMay 26, 2011

I have asked this before, no one knew for sure when I asked. Leaving for Yellowstone next week with grandkids who both have Kindles. I have been recommended a guidebook which I have found both on Amazon and B & N for e-books. Don't know which one to do the kindle version on B&N as I am sure it will have some graphics. My daughter has been wanting me to get Water for Elephants but she told me to get the hard copy as she wanted me to see the pictures, haven't done it yet as I'm still hooked on the Outlander Series!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I do not think Kindle does color, PDN definitely does color. On my PDN even the book cover is in color looks just like the actual book. And you can go online and surf if you have a wifi near by to get on, it also will let you check your email and you can view your pictures on it like a digital frame which would be nice for viewing any pictures you will be taking, just stick the memory card into it and view, can do the same with music,load a memory card of your fave songs and play.
Since I do not have a Kindle I will let an owner reply.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 12:43PM
casi

Thanks Raven, but what I mean is if the book as a picture in it, will they show?

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 2:08PM
kudzu9

You can get a definitive answer on this at the Kindleboards web site. You can also call Amazon (1-800-201-7575) and ask to speak to the special team they have that deals with Kindle issues.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kindleboards

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 2:28PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

yes you can even view magazines and newspapers with it, books must be in epub format, it also will do pdf files.
Some info from the faq
Pandigital Novel FAQ

I actually have Water for Elephants on my PDN right now, I have not read it yet but looked to see if there were pictures and yes there are so I would assume they are all there.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 5:38PM
casi

Great Raven! That is what I needed to know....good point that the Kindles don't do color. So you still really like yours? I haven't been using mine so much....been reading hard copy Outlander series, really hooked! Surfing for forum on PDN and found one but sounds like a lot of folks aren't happy with theirs and the updates....I've only done one since I got it.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 5:56PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I still love mine I have not yet done that latest update that really changes it so much, I may do it at some point but am pleased with it just as it is for now. I read every night on it. I have every one of the Outlander books on it now too.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 6:11PM
casi

Raven, have you read any of the Outlander books? Maybe because I'm over 60, but I found while reading the first Outlander that I needed to re-read or go back to previous chapter that it wasn't as easy to do with the PDN so I started acquiring the hard copies...wherever I could buy them used and really cheap. I'm glad that I have them as I'm in the 5th book and there are so many characters that keep popping back into the books from previous ones. I know that I could always use the book mark, but you never know what you will need to refer back to.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 7:55PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I read the first one Outlander and just started on the second one, so far I have not had any problems but I know I will, did you know there is a special book she wrote that is just to help you keep up with the characters? I may need to get that one too.
The OUTLANDER series
it is listed there The Outlandish companion.
Casi I tried sending you an email through GW did you get it?

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 9:21PM
casi

No Raven, I did not get it. I checked my profile and tried to update and correct it but it didn't work. It is "unitedwb.coop" not united.coop.

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 1:09AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Casi it did not show me your email addy so I have no idea what any part of it is.

If you go to LzD I just sent you a message there

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
How do I choose a power supply
I have a 300 watt power supply. I want to upgrade...
Pooh Bear
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
How to uninstall Avast From my laptop
I will be removing Avast from my laptop windows 7 computer...
thirdfrt
Is this screen for real or is it a virus
On multiple sites I am getting a message at the top...
paulsmth2
Problem watching videos from Yahoo on Android tablet
Yahoo videos won't play on my Android tablet. Videos...
Lisa_in_Germany
Sponsored Products
Loving Arms H5 Suspension
Lightology
Vintage Industrial 40W Lamp Tall Edison Light Long Bulb
$6.95 | ParrotUncle
"Bird" Two-Tier Dessert Stand
$270.00 | Horchow
Arteriors Home - Chain Link Floor Lamp - DD72004-833
Great Furniture Deal
Raw Stainless Steel Contemporary House Letters
Signature Hardware