Does Vessel Sink need to match tub

Sandi_WSeptember 20, 2013

I am updating one of my 1970s baths on a budget (which is quickly getting out of hand). The tub and toilet (new) are bone. I bought new stone tile (shades of black and beiges, some with a slight rosy touch) to border the tub and cover a new vanity top. Faucets will be ORB. Walls will be Venetian plaster. I want a vessel sink, but does it need to be in bone to match the tub? The ones I've seen look more modern and I want an old world look. Any help welcomed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

I don't think it needs to match the toilet and tub. It might if you were getting a pedestal sink but there are lots of vessel sinks out there made of glass, stone, ceramic and they obviously don't match any tub or toilet. The only color I would stay away from is white. I think the difference would be more noticeable.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 2:51PM
Sandi_W

Thank you Lotteryticket. I've looked and looked at pics online and haven't found exactly what I want yet, but not white for sure.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 3:00PM
raehelen

Definitely not! The Vessel sink is usually treated like the 'Jewel in the Crown' (Note, I didn't say Throne...LOL). this is your opportunity to find something completely unique...I would think maybe a copper sink would go with the colours you describe? I just googled copper vessel sink, and boy, I was overwhelmed with the beautiful choices! I linked to one with an overflow drain....very expensive...but it gives you an idea. I've even seen copper sinks in my local plumbing supply store...so they are fairly accessible. I think you can find lots on eBay too.

Here is a link that might be useful: copper vessel sink.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 8:41AM
Sandi_W

Thanks Raehelen. Love your phrase. And I've been looking at an oval copper vessel sink that I like. Fortunately for me, a lot less than the one you googled, if not as nice. With 3 old, out of date bathrooms to re-do I have to be very cost conscious.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 9:20AM
More Discussions
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Photos of your finished bathrooms?
Is there anywhere on this site where people on this...
bixa2805
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™