Free email account

roseluverMay 22, 2012

I need a free email account, is there one out there?

Thanks you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shaxhome

Far more than one...take your pick!

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Email

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 9:35AM
not2bright

The main one I'm using at the moment is myopera.com (not in the list shaxhome linked to). The account name you use to sign up with be a MyOpera account name that you can use with the rest of Opera's services (like the forums). But you can use it strictly for email if you wish. In fact, I have one account for email only (so I don't have to make public that username at the forums) and another one for any forum participation. Speaking of which, the MyOpera forum for webmail help (if you would need it) is here: Webmail Forum. And their blog site is here: MailTeamBlog.

Here is a link that might be useful: MyOperaMailSignUp

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 9:52AM
not2bright

The account name you use to sign up with be a MyOpera account name that you can use with the rest of Opera's services (like the forums).

Pardon my bad grammar (i.e. bad typing skills). I meant to say:

The account name you use to sign up with Opera will be a MyOpera account name that you can use with the rest of Opera's services (like the forums).

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 9:56AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

my main email account has been for more years than I can remember hotmail, I also have gmail, yahoo, gmx.com and a few others but any one of those is a decent choice for a free email account.

I set up accounts for several of the ladies around here and went with gmx.com it is a good simple interface, gets very little spam, and works pretty well and is unlimited space.
some info about gmx should you want to consider it
GMX Mail

I know a lot of people don't care for hotmail but I personally in all the years I have had it am quite pleased with it over all.

I don't really care that much for yahoo and so only use that account for junk stuff.

gmail is ok I just don't like the format but I do use it as my second email.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 1:21PM
grandms

I use gmail, but have it configured to download into Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail, so I seldom go to the web-mail site. Just check about once a month to see if something is in the Spam folder that should not be there. It seems to do a great job of filtering out Spam.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 3:16PM
mike_kaiser_gw

I've used Hotmail for many years and it works fine. With an Android phone I added a Gmail account and I like it a lot. Very clean interface and if you think you might be getting an Android phone, it's a nice way to integrate everything. Gmail also comes with access to Google Docs, which is a useful, if relatively basic, office suite.

The other thing I like about Gmail is that they have an added layer of security in the form of a PIN that is set via text or voice message to a pre-assigned phone number. In other words, the password alone is not enough to access your Gmail account.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 10:31PM
acraftylady

I like gmail too because you can use it with a mail program and yahoo makes you pay to do that. Mary

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™