Need Bathroom Cabinet Builder

jafigSeptember 3, 2012

Well, it's not really a cabinet I need. I have a reclaimed fireclay sink that I am using in a bathroom, and want to have it supported bu something like the structures in the attached photo. The sink has an intergral backsplash, apron, and weighs about 200 lbs.

How do I find someone to build this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
numbersjunkie

What kind of wood do you want to use? MY DH built vanities out of IPE lumber we had leftover from our deck, and it wasn't very hard to do once he did the design. It is very heavy and strong - he told me to crawl underneath if there was ever a tornado and it would be the safest place in the house. I think any good carpenter or DIY'er could do it.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 5:30PM
jafig

Wow, this looks great! Thanks for sharing, it's just the sort of thing I'm looking for. Here's that sink that will go on top:

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 12:35AM
numbersjunkie

What I was trying to say was that I don't think it takes a cabinet maker to construct something like that. Just someone who is handy and has attention to detail. The hard part may be finding the right wood, something strong. All we did to our Ipe vanity was apply a coat of furniture oil and it has been in our vacation rental for 2+ years and looks like new.

Good luck with your project!

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 8:37PM
More Discussions
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
mother of pearl tile
I'm thinking of doing my master bath with mother of...
berdavids
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™