Please critique my ranch floor plan; Thanks!!!

switchbackJuly 15, 2014

Hi folks,
We have a partial floor plan and would appreciate any constructive comments you could provide. The right side of the home is still a work in progress and is not provided here. The right side of the home will include the master bedroom, bathroom, and closet, as well as the Laundry room. Thanks for your time.

The stairs will go to the basement and up to the bonus room above the 2 car garage.

Looking at putting a " mudroom" along the right side wall as you enter the friends entry.

Bedroom 2: Shower 4 X 3
Closet 7 X 6
Bedroom 3 : Bathroom 9 X 5
Closet 5 X 6

This post was edited by switchback on Thu, Nov 20, 14 at 20:55

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amberm145_gw

A mudroom is most often used by the family and becomes a little messy. Putting it by the friends' entry will make it either underused, or an eyesore. It's probably best putting it by the garage.

I see the 2 hallways by the garages as a bit of wasted space. And there's nowhere to store boots/coats.

If costs are a concern at all, having bathrooms for each bedroom is a large expense.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 4:59PM
pixie_lou

How does this plan differ from the plan you posted last week?

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 6:26PM
switchback

Pixie_lou
Nobody responded so I thought I had uploaded it wrong. Sorry!! Same plan just looking for feedback. I still have not finished the right side. Thanks for your feedback.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 6:53PM
pixie_lou

A couple people responded, and you even responded to the responses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Same thread from last week

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 7:44PM
bluewillow09

I think your plan is pretty sweet.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 7:53PM
switchback

Thank you for your help.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 10:37PM
stephja007

Having a 'friends' entry and main entry seems like a sweet idea, but the reality of it, does it work? For me, the only people that come to my house are friends/family/neighbors and the UPS guy. Therefor the only person using the 'main' door would be the UPS guy, but even then, if there is any question in his mind what the front door is, he'll go to the closest and most easily accessible door. I also completely agree with comments about the foundation plan (general rule, the more corners = the more expensive). While I am all about adult privacy, it is a very long distance between where you plan to put a master bedroom from what I assume will be children's bedrooms, a trek that might not be fun at 3 am when trying to get to a screaming baby or when you are putting the toddler back to bed for the umpteenth time. Just some food for thought :) Good luck and have fun as you continue working through the process!

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 4:11PM
switchback

Stephja007
Thank you for you input.This home will be for my husband and I. I will try to cut out some of the corners on the next drawing. Any other advise would be great.

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 4:54PM
More Discussions
is/has anyone built a frank betz home?
Just wondering... Which model? We are currently considering...
liptonjl
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialst babaji +91-9780225275
+91-9780225275 vashikaran specialst babaji +91-9780225275...
Harsh Dev
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
Savings - basement bar with laminate
Working on finding ways to get closer to our original...
Mini Soda
Would you give this to the architect - take 2?
I posted a floor plan last week to get input before...
boonieshome
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™