ATI Catalyst Install Manager Windows Vista

nightowlqldMay 5, 2008

I am not that computer savy so appreciate any help with this problem. I wonder can someone tell me what this tool is used for.Is this something that comes with the windows operating system?For quite a while now I have been getting a message on start up to tell me there was a problem and I need to update Ati2evxx.exe which was created by ATI.I noticed I have this ATI Catalyst Install Manager in my installed programmes.I am not sure exactly what this is.I never use this computer to play games but wonder if it has something to do with games.Does anyone know if I should get this update?I am reluctant to put something on here when I do not know what it is.

Thanks for any help.

Lesley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

Ati makes graphics cards so thats what it is... your graphics card software. It apparently is a configuration program to configure your graphics card.

If that is asking to update, I think I would allow it,,, unless you know for sure that your computer for sure has some other make of graphics card.

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 12:09PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

check the link for info on that ATI Catalyst.

ati2evxx.exe is the ATI External Event Utility for your ATI display drivers. It manages the ATI Hotkey feature.
It seems it is really up to the individual user if they want to leave this running on their pc or not. IF it is using a lot of cpu resources and causing problems it can be turned off/disabled. It is mostly for use if you have 2 monitors in use on the one pc, it controls the hotkeys used to switch monitors and other ATI hotkeys.

so I would go ahead and let it update since you do have ATI components on your pc, it is likely a real ATI process. You should see it in your task manager if you hit control alt and delete together then look at the list of processes you should see it listed there and you can also look and see how much resources it is using.

Here is a link that might be useful: ATI Catalyst

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 2:29PM
nightowlqld

Thank you very much Mikie and Ravencajun, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.Sometimes it can be quite scary when you have no idea what all these things are about, but I continue to learn with the help of people like you. Now that I know it has to do with the graphics card I will be comfortable doing the download update.
Lesley

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™