Please review & help with this Jenn-Air package
My wife and I just bought our first house! We've been looking for appliances and, well, frankly, we're overwhelmed. Every place we go to tries to push a different brand.
- Single wall oven
- Wall-mount microwave + trim
- Counter-depth fridge (we'd love a built-in but its out of the budget)
- Any decent hood (doesn't have to match the brand of the package)
We got a quote for a viking professional package that put us at about $13,500. That's a bit high - I'd like to keep it at or below $10k if possible.
The last place we went to, the guy was wearing a Viking polo shirt but told us to avoid Viking. He said that Jenn-Air was better quality for about the same price.
Here's the package he put together for us:
- JMW3430WP Combination Oven with V2 Vertical Dual Fan Convection - $4599 (it's basically a dual oven where the top can be used in "microwave mode")
- JGCP436WP 36" Pro-style Gas Rangetop - $2799
- JFC2290VEP 72" Cabinet Depth French Door Fridge - $3249
- JDB8700AWP TriFecta Dishwasher with 40dBA - $300 (other dw is free, this is a $300 upgrade)
- Hood $586
Total out the door would be $11,533. He would "cover the tax" and provide a receipt that showed $800 in delivery fees so we could get $800 back as a mail in rebate from JA.
Out net cost for the package would be $10,533.
1) Is this good equipment that will last us many years?
2) Is this a good price for this package?
3) Is there a better package you would recommend at this price range or below?
4) Is there an amazingly better package at a slightly higher price that we should consider?