Don Gardner 2nd story master

jamnich314July 12, 2012

Is it just me or does Don Gardner have something against 2nd story masters? I have found it very difficult to find a plan from him with 3 or 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. I also haven't found a good way to search on his site for these specifications.

Anybody have any good plans that have 3 or 4 bedrooms - including the master suite - upstairs by Don Gardner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jamnich314

I should be more specific. I am looking for 3-4 beds upstairs in a home around 3000 sq ft. Anything more than 3200 or 3300 is just too much space. He has a lot of 2-story plans but they are in excess of 4,000 sq ft.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 12:53PM
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

Is there a particular reason why you want to stick with Don Gardner?

Like every other on-line plan designer, Don Gardner designs what will sell most easily. And most people these days who want a 2 story house want the master on the main level to save themselves from walking up/down stairs quite so much. Also, many people are concerned that as they age, they won't be able to climb stairs so there are probably going to be a limited number of plans such as you describe on any body's website. To find something you like, it would probably be best to look at a variety of online designers.

That said, using the "advanced search" function on Don Gardner's site I pulled up these...all with three or four bedrooms upstairs (including the master) and all between 2500 and 3300 sq ft total.

The Clifton

The Haliday

The Bridgeport

The McPherson

The Battery Park

The Fayette

The Bradstreet

The Springdale

The Eden

The Normandie

The Warrenton

The Martindale

The Bellamy

The Harbour Oak

The Homestead

The Sinclair

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 2:24PM
arch123

We seriously considered the Aspen Hill House (still like it a lot) showed it to a builder that could not stop laughing at us to even consider a 2nd story master so we went back to reconsider - chose a ranch and was fortunate to build in 2005 and sell in 2011 at a profit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Don Gardner

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 5:14PM
auroraborelis

www.dreamhomesource.com has a search feature that allows you to search for second story master bedrooms, you could try that.

How about something like this: http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/dhsw68376.html?from=search

Here is a link that might be useful: Dream Home Source

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 7:04PM
auroraborelis

I just looked at the search features on Don Gardener's site, and there is also an option for an upstairs master.

Here is a link that might be useful: Advanced Search Don Gardner

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
Window Trim
I found the attached picture, and like the window trim...
burbmomoftwo
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
is/has anyone built a frank betz home?
Just wondering... Which model? We are currently considering...
liptonjl
8 vs. 9 ft. ceiling for upstairs/kids bedrooms?
New construction, 5500 sq. ft. (basement, first, and...
msmith110705
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™