Lost Video

mxyplxApril 10, 2012

I deleted a bunch of videos and after some time (months?) used Recuva and got em back except one that was quite large (17 minutes) and I believe was well over 1 gig. Never found it or even an overwritten file that was anywhere near that big that it might've used to be. I used Recuva in deep scan mode a couple times and also tried Diskdigger - same result. I searched (with Recuva) my external drive and my thumb drives too . Also searched on board for big files thinking it may not have gotten deleted but had the file extension changed and still be floating around. No files that big.

Well I can live w/o it but sure am curious what could have happened? Do the bigger files get broken up during deletion? Where could it have goed?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

The file may have been written over.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 10:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DA_Mccoy

A GB file is really a very large file to be overwritten, but of course that would depend on the system use, size of the H/D, and the location of the file. I am wondering about the file itself. When the system overwrites the file's space on the H/D is it byte for byte, or when any portion of the file is overwritten does the entire file shall we say dissolve?

This would require a system engineer to answer with certainty.

DA

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
Tosh
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™