Uses for a steam oven?

jxbrownAugust 28, 2012

Besides making bread?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotsapatience

I've tried baby back ribs for 45-60 minutes then finished in a broiler to brown. Veggies are excellent and you can make a unfried egg over easy on a plate in the time it takes for the oven to come to full steam. I've only tested at a Miele gallery and hoping to buy one soon. I might get the Thermador, though. Miele is steam only.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 12:07PM
mjocean

We cooked a whole chicken at Clarke Kitchens which is the Wolf/SZ distributor for New England. It was ultra moist and crispy brown. We steralized jam jars and reheated a pasta dish and stuffed artichoke without drying them out. It is suppose to be really great for cooking fish. The Wolf is a steam/convection oven and can be used as a steam oven, steam/convection oven, or conventional convection oven. We purchased the Wolf and can't wait to use it. Unfortunately, that won't be for several months....

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 1:25PM
pspand

Bread baking is amazing if it is a combi-steam. I made the below rolls with my Wolf Combi. Also love cooking/steaming dumplings, fish, reheating food, and it is great for small baking jobs.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:45PM
samana

Wow pspand, those look amazing! We just got our Wolf but I haven't had a chance to try any breads yet. Would you mind sharing some suggestions for bread recipes? I can't eat it, but I'd like to start making bread and rolls for the family. I'd love to begin with some tried and true recipes. Thank you!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 7:56AM
pspand

my basic and dead simply recipe -

500g bread flour
330ml water (cold)
1/2 package yeast
salt

let rise 2x and the second rise is typically 4-6 hours, shape, bake on autosteam bake for 40-45 min. Don't take out of oven early as really takes 40-45 minutes to get the internal temp to 210.

I typically use sourdough starter that I have going and it makes a difference but when rushed I will use packaged yeast.

Hope this helps and enjoy!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 4:10PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™