Bathroom wall color help

ejpipSeptember 1, 2012

Need to pick a paint color. Painter uses sherwin Williams. This is for a north facing master bathroom that does get a little morning sun. Tile for floor, cherry vanity and the light colored vanity top. Any suggestions for wall color? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

Are you looking to add some color or stay neutral? I think a soft blue/green would be very pretty. Otherwise, I'd choose a light-medium tone from the tile.

We went with a neutral palette but I wasn't able to decide on a final paint color until I saw everything installed in our masterbath. Our painter put our preliminary choice on the wall as a primer coat and then we second coated with a slightly deeper shade of the same color because I felt that there was more contrast than I wanted between the walls and our dark cherry cabinets.

I really like the materials you've chosen and I'd love to see more pictures as your room comes together.

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 8:34AM
Annie Deighnaugh

gold and gray are very popular now....

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 8:48AM
txjoyce

Well, I'm biased because we're using the same tile as you have, marble for the countertops and painting the cabinets a dark charcoal. We're going with Sherwin Williams Jetstream (6492) which is a medium blue. Open Air (6491) is a bit lighter..

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
Master Bathroom with Laundry
Where would you start with planning the perfect master...
queenofmycastle0221
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
help - can I recess surface mount medicine cabinets?
We have just realized that our previously ordered 5...
docellie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™