Please critique this plan - Solferino Plan

mojaveredJuly 4, 2014

Good morning and Happy Independence Day!

We have finally found a plan. I would love to hear any feedback or thoughts you have on it. We have a view lot, with views in back and in front but the rear view is the primary view.

Only thing we are changing at the moment is making the foundation a basement. We cannot do a walk-out on our lot.

House plan is called "Solferino Luxury Home Plan" #592-091d-0444 from homeplansandmore.com - if you built this please share pictures!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plan 592-091d-0444

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
musicgal

bump

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 1:32PM
mojavered

bumping now that the holiday weekend is over

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 10:46AM
pixie_lou

The first thing that strokes me is the corner tv cabinet. Most everyone has big flat screens nowadays. Which don't fit well in corners. I'd hate to spend all that ones on built ins that are almost obsolete. If you just look on craigslist, people,are trying to give away hundreds of corner tv cabinets.

Same thing with the corner desk in the computer room. Most people are on laptops and tablets now.

Do you need a walk in closet in the mudroom? The closet is small enough that it is just creating an extra step to grab your coats. Reach is may be sufficient.

There is no pantry. Where do you plan to stop all your food? I would consider taking some space out of the mudroom and computer room to make a pantry.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 11:20AM
mojavered

My husband is in construction, need a large mudroom and closet as he makes a mess and always has a ton of "stuff" at the door that I don't want in the house.

Good point on the TV thing - I was happy to see there was a place to put one (fireplaces always take up TV space and I never know where to put a TV - I hate the look of a tv above a fireplace). I didn't realize it would be for the old box tvs.

There is a pantry, in the computer room (which would be an office).

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
Smaller 2nd story possible in two story home?
My husband and I are in the beginning stages of figuring...
Lauren McLellan
Finally under way but concerned...
So our home is finally being started and moving along,...
njbuilding143
building a simple modern farm house on a budget
I am planning to build a simple modern looking farmhouse...
usalli
Nantahala / Amicalola / Tranquility / Garrell and Associates hous
My husband and I have been planning our new house for...
DivinityMorgan
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™