laptop not charging - help!

beanwabrApril 9, 2011

I've had this Acer since Dec 09; lately, problem after problem. The original adapter power cord got to where it would have to be 'babied'; you'd have to wiggle and move it into a certain position so that the charging power light would stay lit. I bought a new universal one from Walmart and it worked for about 2 weeks and same thing is happening now. What could be causing this - what can I do? Thanks for any info!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

The mother board connection where the Ac Adapter plugs into is most likely the issue. When you as you say "wiggle" that causes the connection to make contact and may last for a while but will soon fail again. When you wiggle it it's actually moving a bad solder joint around on the motherboard. There's not much you can do except take it in for repair. Sometimes a replacement of the motherboard is necessary too.

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 9:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
genes

depends what part you had to wiggle...was it the end that plugs into the laptop or a portion of the cord before or around the "brick"..I assume the voltage and amperage of the replacement is exactly the same as the original

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™