Looking for thoughts on cost

Terris_itSeptember 17, 2013

I have a handyman / contractor who is going to finish off a bathroom. All supplies are purchased by me and at the site. Plumbing and electric are roughed in my a certified plumber and electrician. The contractor will install fan/lights etc. The job was a complete gut of the room which my husband and I did. I have a roll off outside that I paid for. So work includes shower insert, floor sheetrock, tile floor, sink cabinet and hookup, toilet and hookup. I will paint, he will put of moulding, I fill caulk and paint the moulding.
I was told 2500.00 as a price for the work the contractor will do and a timeline of 2 weeks. I have no idea what the going rate is so I'm curious if we are in a good ballpark price wise. I am located in upstate NY
Thanks
T

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Too cheap to be someone who does a good job. I doubt if he actually knows how to build a waterproof shower. What waterproofing system is he suggesting that you use? What's his method of creating the pan?

Double that price. At least.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 1:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catbuilder

By shower insert, do you mean it's a pre-fabricated shower? What does "floor sheetrock" mean? How big is the floor that's getting tiled, and what kind of tiles? If it's a pre-fabricated shower, it shouldn't take two weeks to do that work.

Bookmark   September 18, 2013 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Bathtubs for taller people
I am renovating a family bathroom and would like to...
twingle
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
What kind of tile is this?
I am doing a partial renovation of a bathroom and I...
vandylaw06
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™