Looking for thoughts on cost

Terris_itSeptember 17, 2013

I have a handyman / contractor who is going to finish off a bathroom. All supplies are purchased by me and at the site. Plumbing and electric are roughed in my a certified plumber and electrician. The contractor will install fan/lights etc. The job was a complete gut of the room which my husband and I did. I have a roll off outside that I paid for. So work includes shower insert, floor sheetrock, tile floor, sink cabinet and hookup, toilet and hookup. I will paint, he will put of moulding, I fill caulk and paint the moulding.
I was told 2500.00 as a price for the work the contractor will do and a timeline of 2 weeks. I have no idea what the going rate is so I'm curious if we are in a good ballpark price wise. I am located in upstate NY
Thanks
T

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Too cheap to be someone who does a good job. I doubt if he actually knows how to build a waterproof shower. What waterproofing system is he suggesting that you use? What's his method of creating the pan?

Double that price. At least.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 1:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catbuilder

By shower insert, do you mean it's a pre-fabricated shower? What does "floor sheetrock" mean? How big is the floor that's getting tiled, and what kind of tiles? If it's a pre-fabricated shower, it shouldn't take two weeks to do that work.

Bookmark   September 18, 2013 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
Tall toilet brands?
Looking for suggestions, need taller than the standard...
jewelisfabulous
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Sponsored Products
Monica Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Le Cadeaux 13.75 in. Salad Bowl - Bella White - 535BELW
$36.00 | Hayneedle
WATER & DIRT SHIELD ™ Holiday Tree Skirt Mat
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Midtown Ottoman
Overstock.com
Blue Oversize Trellis Comforter Set
$54.99 | zulily