New Monitor

juneroses Z9a Cntrl FlApril 14, 2013

I bought a new monitor - a 23" Asus 16:9 - and it arrived yesterday. Read the instructions (minimal!) and fired it up. OK, things didn't look so good on the screen so I knew adjustments were needed. Changed to the "true resolution" and then adjusted the DPI. Tried out each of the 6 video presets. Pages I view almost daily were looking washed out and I realized I couldn't even see some clickable choices on the web page.

I read reviews from other owners, made note of the settings they used for brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. - a whole host of choices. I could see changes happening in the display as I noodled with the settings but the sites were still woefully lacking.

I looked at the packing material still on the floor and was glad I hadn't pitched it.

Still, I felt like there was surely something I should do - the monitor couldn't be this bad.

With renewed determination, I tried to find the solution today. No luck. The graphics were still washed out and some were invisible on screen.

AND THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED. For some reason, I decided to reboot and that was the solution - the monitor colors came to life and familiar web pages are once again fully viewable. I'll pitch that packing material after all.

Just had to tell somebody.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandms

Glad to hear you got it working properly. Amazing what a reboot will do! Now enjoy your new monitor.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
I-Pad Backup Help or Need?
I need advise on or need for backing up my wife's I-pad. Wife...
chas045
Password needed for Avast?
Computer is going on 1 yr old and I've been getting...
breenthumb
How to uninstall Avast From my laptop
I will be removing Avast from my laptop windows 7 computer...
thirdfrt
A free pdf to jpg program that works well?
I want to tear some pdf's apart, and wondering if someone...
shaddy101
Anyone else getting Lottery spam since HOUZZ took over?
Of my various e-mail accounts, only the one I use on...
lazy_gardens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™