Jen Air Convection Steam Oven

Suzq222August 13, 2014

Does anyone have any experience with the new Jenn Air Convection Steam oven? I was going to purchase a Wolf Convection Steam oven but found a Jenn Air in the surplus department of the appliance store for $1,800 boxed. Any thoughts??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alerievay1

I do not own either, but I recently looked at convection steam ovens. I'm linking a good comparison chart of most of the models available; it does not include the new Bosch Benchmark or the Viking.

One major difference with the Jenn-Air is that it's 110v, not 240v like every other wall model, which explains the comparison chart's conclusion that the Jenn-Air took longer. That may or may not matter to you.

On the positive side, I think Jenn-Air's menu is easy to use, and I would strongly consider it for $1800, given my budget.

Here is a link that might be useful: Combi Steam Oven Comparison

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 11:27AM
Suzq222

Thanks for the info. We went to the appliance store today and got a good deal on the surplus model which is still in the box. I couldn't justify paying $1,500 more for the Wolf model especially where we are doing a whole new kitchen. The Jen Air will do what I need it to do and if it's a few minutes slower that's not a big deal for me.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 6:43PM
hvtech42

I think you're the first on this forum to own one! Please report back with your opinion once it's installed and you've gotten a chance to play around with it.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 7:03PM
Suzq222

It may be a while before I can post about the oven. We are doing a major rehab, new kitchen and family room and our project was delayed a bit. I have all new appliances but no new kitchen to put them in. I will keep everyone posted.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 7:43AM
More Discussions
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
Unnecessary drama with Miele dishwasher...
The salt/softener tank on my ten-year-old Miele Incognito...
howardgee
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™